Saturday, September 28, 2013

Just Do It!



I can't believe it's been so long since I updated here ~ so much has happened!  Our trip in May solidified our desire to move to Belize and I have been doing research online and reading everything I can get my hands on, as well as emailing with and talking to people that live there since we've been back. I finally decided that I just have to do it now!  There's only so much you can learn without actually being there.  I joined all the expat groups I could find on facebook and through one of them I found an apartment ~ so I bought a one-way ticket yesterday!  The plan for now is for me to go for 6 months and if all goes well my husband and youngest daughter will join me.



We can't afford for him to just quit his job until we know for sure, so as hard as it will be to do this alone, it's the only way we can get started before we're old enough to collect Social Security (which likely won't be there for us anyway).  And so the countdown begins ~ 35 days from today I will be in Belize!

No comments:

Post a Comment